søndag 9. desember 2012

The amazing trash pack birthday cake!

A little while ago, my son turned 8 years! Yeeey, hes getting so big so fast! He wanted me to bake his cake for his party with his classmates. (omg) I really cannot bake! The only cake I can make, and Im good at making that, is the oreocake, because  doesnt need to get baked in the oven. Well, my son is a simple boy, and to my horror he wanted just a simple chocolate cake. He really wished for a cake shaped like one of the trashies, but he knows my cooking skills so he said he didnt expect it. I really wanted to suprise him and decided to give it a try. I googeled trash pack cake, and found some amazing pieces of art. most of them I knew from the start was just to difficult. One of them seemed easy enough:

 


Ok, so its not an easy cake to make. But really, the baking part was the hardest, once the cake was made, it wasnt really all that hard to shape it into thish trashy truck. This is NOT the cake I made. I just copied the photo, and Im sorry, I dondt remember where so I cant link back to the owner of this cake. Anyway, my truck turned to be almost the same. Not perfect like this one, but goog enough. I got the same colors, the same shape, eyes were in place and all the small details. After I think 3-4 hours in the kitchen I was Quite satisfied with myself. I woke up the next morning, and wanted to show my boy his special cake....... IT WAS BROKEN!!! Oh yes, since it was my first one, I now know I made a huge mistake. The coating here is marzipan, and the one I made was TO THIN. The eyes and everything else I glued on fell off during the night.... I got so freaking angry and sad, and at that point I just wanted to throw the stupid thing in the trash. Then it hit me. He wants a cake that looks like the trash pack = trash packs are garbage = so he really wants a cake that looks like garbage. :D Well, lets just say that he got exacly what he wanted!!



 
 
I trashed the cake even more, stuffed it into his trash can, and put a candle and some trashies on top! You know, boys are really simple, even when their small, bacause everyone loved the cake! And the best part is, they didnt need to cut it or eat it from plates with a fork. My tragidy turned out just great after all! :)
 


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

Hyggelige kommentarer